Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Sitting On Top of the World


I really appreciate the message in "Sitting on Top of the World". Like many of the other songs , the lyrics are about past lovers. Yet rather than threatening to kill her or get revenge, the singer is simply saying the he is going to be okay. Life will go on. "And I don't worry/Lord I'm sitting/On top of the world".

 I particularly appreciate the part of the song that says: "If you don't like my peaches/Don't shake my tree/'n Get out of my orchard/Let my peaches be". Truer words have never been spoken.

The shoes I drew here were intended to have a more rugged look to them. They were supposed to be ones that could have been worn in an orchard or by Doc Watson as he sang this song. They were supposed to reflect manual labor and rural living. But they ended up with a polished, city look that I was pretty disappointed with. But Tony told me that this was only natural; I was relating the song to my world, and in my world these are the types of shoes I know.


No comments:

Post a Comment